Friday, February 8, 2019

Up The Holler


Up The Holler

After far too many days of freezing temperatures keeping me from going outside, we've finally warmed up today!  I think Dan said that we're up to almost 47° right now, which means it's warmed up 25 ° since I got up this morning!

It's lovely outside right now, so I decided to head  up the road across from our house, and do some exploring up the holler leading up to Miz Elizabeths old house up on the hill.
Nobody lives there anymore, because the house is falling apart, but it's one of my favorite places to just sit and soak up the peace and quiet, and the natural beauty.

I headed out without taking my gun, so I decided that I wouldn't go too far up the holler... because running into feral hogs is not the best way to start your day out right.
More than likely,  you'll end up finishing your day - permanently.
Hogs are not our friends.

Everything is still pretty bare up that way, but I find that it's breathtakingly beautiful, just the same.
Or maybe it's because of that
.
God's beauty is wondrous, isn't it?

 









































1 comment:

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

It was in the 60s two days in a row here and now it's in the "teens" and windy (which makes it seem even colder). Taking a walk outside requires ski mask, double pants, etc. And you're right. Feral hogs are not our friends and are a disaster for the ecology of an area. My cousin who lives in Hawaii has a feral hog problem and periodically requires the services of a hunter to stake out her place to shoot them.


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger