Monday, January 26, 2009

I can't go anywhere !

Today's my last work day (and my final day of school holidays...YAY!)
and then tomorrow is the day we head to Melbourne for the concert ... and some sweet, sweet time with Miz K.
But, as I was drinking my first cuppa of the day and gazing at the fading stars up in the sky, it hit me.

I can't go anywhere.

I have heaps (and I mean heaps) of laundry to fold, another load or two of washing to do, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing down the kitchen, legs to shave and feet to chisel the dead dry skin off of.
I have cat boxes to wash and disinfect, cat litter to buy, tissues to stock up on because this chest cold has moved to my head and although it''s basically run it's course, I don't want to have to use my guys' shirt tails in an emergency.
I have floors to mop and bills to pay and time-sheets for work to still process and drop at the office, if I want to have any hope at all of getting paid in the next month.

I still have the spare fridge sitting out on the middle lawn, that needs to be given a final wipe-out and put back in the shed and a 4 foot tall Gum tree to plant because with the upcoming 2 days of 40C /104F temps, the poor little thing will die if it's left in it's plastic pot, with no water.
Which reminds me... I'll need to leave extra water outside for the cats and to leave a note to remind Kay that she'll need to top it up, when she comes to feed the cats and let them out.

And on top of it all, today's a work day and I will have 6 little rug rats expecting me to act like I'm doing my job. The parents tend to think that while their littlies are here, I should forsake all personal stuff and dedicate myself to their progeny. Funny, that.

I think I feel a headache comin' on.
*sigh*

Update...
Well, I got the tree planted and and it's happy as a clam... and everything got throughly watered. But Shhhh... don't tell the water police. I figure I'll be saving 2 showers worth of water while I'm gone, so I decided to share it with the plants.

I also got the ol' legs shaved while I was in the shower and discovered that while I have a perfect left leg, the right one looks like a Rand McNally road map. What's up with that?
I walk on both legs and both legs get the same amount of exercise, so why does one have varicose veins and the other look like the leg of a 20 year old? It sucks weinies, I tell ya.
And I saved the leg hair too. I figure if they ever need to make a chest-hair wig for Tom Selleck, I might be in the money.

One load of laundry's folded and another couple to go, but I will get there.
Or die tryin'.

13 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Yikes! And why IS it that we feel we have to prepare our houses for museum level cleanliness before we leave them for a trip? I'm the same way. I'll live with all kinds of things that need doing until you ask me to go on vacation. Suddenly, it is imperative that it all be done.

Guess I think there will be tours when I'm gone and people will be judging me as to whether or not they should speak at my funeral or pretend they never knew me.

Have fun and don't sweat it! And I promise, if I take the tour, I still proudly declare that we were friends!

Tatersmama said...

Awwwww, Robynn, you're so sweet!
You'll be happy to know that I've already gotten the tree planted and the legs are now as smooth as a babie's bottom.
You're right... You REALLY cares?
*hugs*

Sandra said...

You know I am the same way, I can't leave for a trip anywhere without leaving my house clean LOL I think it's because I don't want to come home to deal with a mess.

Cathy said...

Hello T'mama
Hope you lookd at the weather forecast as its going to be 'HOT' in town as well all this week.lol
Take care
Cathy

The Blonde Duck said...

Hope you get finished eventually!

Tatersmama said...

Sandra, I think it's more what if something happened to me, and friends had to come in and see the mess...LOL!
But I HATE the thought of coming home to a messy house too.

Cathy, I KNOW! It's supposed to be 41!
I'm dreading it, but I've got my big hat and at least the concert doesn't start until 8, so hopefully it'll be a bit cooler by then.
I worry about my cats too, but my friend promised to turn the air conditioner on for them, if it gets too bad.

Dana said...

I always try to get my house together, too, when I'm leaving. I learned the hard way when Treehouse Chef over at treehousekitchen.com gave a tour of my filthy upstairs when I was gone one time. I was mortified. And I commend you for being able to get your legs shaved. My eyesight's so bad I can't see my legs in the shower. I'm like an ostrich. If I can't see the hair then noone else can either. Have a great trip and thanks for following my blog!

Sooziebelle said...

I was going to suggest having today's theme with the kids be "Environmental Awareness Day" in which you discuss the types of things people can do to make their environment ... cleaner! As in, starting right here in our own back yard! You know where this is going, don't you? I am assuming that you still have older kids, and that you have had most of them for the past few weeks! Isn't it a great picture though? I started by imagining them helping you plant the tree (without a dirt or water fight), then moving on to other "environmentally aware" activities ... like vauuming, dusting ...

I'm kidding of course, but in a perfect world ...

Try not to overdo it today Miss TM! I am sure that anyone who has ever stepped into your house was there to see YOU and not look under your sofa cushions.

And I won't ask why you need shaved legs for a Neil Young concert ... wait! It will keep you cooler!

Treehouse Chef said...

And who said housekeeping wasn't fun! Thanks for making me laugh out loud today---I needed the comic relief!

Libby's Library said...

I can't quite get past the saving the leg hair...I'll be up all night trying to think of other things that you can do with it.

Have a wonderful time, and remember that eveything will be waiting for you when you get back.

Scratch that last sentence...and instead, say to yourself "sweet little fairies will come by while I'm gone, and they will wave a magic wand and make all my troubles dissapear!"

Okay - if you really said that to yourself...you need to put the tequilla away!

Sherri said...

You know what? I've gotten to the point where it really doesn't matter to me that much anymore that my house be spotless before we go on vacation. By the time I get home and have to unpack and all the other crap that goes along with it, I've got to clean things up anyway. So why bust my azz before we go anyway.

Tatersmama said...

I only bothered with the stuff that HAD to be done, like taking the laundry off the line, getting the cats food and water set up and planting my poor little tree.
The rest can just wait until I get home.
And then it might even wait longer, since I'm off until next Monday anyway. :-)

Homestay Mama said...

Saving your leg hair for Tom Selleck? ROFL! You're too funny!


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger