Sunday, June 14, 2009

Help?... purrtty please? & cat stuff

Have I told you lately, that I love you?

Well, I do.
Really.
I was a neophyte when I started this blogging stuff... and I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing.
But with your tips and pointers, I finally got the ball rolling... and the rest is history.

I now have the ability to bore the pants off of potentially millions of people, whereas before... well, I was limited to only a select few.
They probably thank you too.
The "select few", I mean.

I've learned (thanks to you guys) how to make lines through posts, how to do the linky thing and send people elsewhere.
(where they go and never seem to come back... Strange that.
*scratching my head in confusion* But I digress)

I learned how to change the date on posts that I started eons ago... and never got around to finishing.
I can move widgets and feedjits and count my visitors and see where ya'll are coming from.
I am BLOG WOMAN, hear me roar!
And it's all thanks to you.

But... what all this sucking up is leading to, is something fairly simple.
I think, anyway.

See, Kristy Kay, over at Kristy Kay's Frugal Way is having trouble with her blog, and I don't have a clue as to what to do to help her.
So... if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor, would you go on over, and see what kind of help you can give her? She explains it all on her blog, but I'm hopeless with this kind of stuff.
Kristy Kay is the daughter of dear Marilyn over at Marilyn's Money and I LOVE the girl(s) and just want to help.
So could you have a look?
Purrtty please?


I'm begging here.
~~~~~~

Now... on to my babies - and me.
They're doing fine, and they seem to be feeling much better, so fingers crossed that the one round of meds is going to do the job.
My old Jazzy started in sneezing last night, but I have enough tablets to keep everyone happy, so all we can do is wait and see.
It just pains me, you know?
When my babies are feeling all snotty and yucky, I feel their pain... because I love them.

But me? I haven't been sick at all.... I just want to reassure you on that point.
Yeah, I've got the sneezes and yes, I did want to just lay around and be lazy yesterday, but after a week of dealing with 4 children under 3 years old, can you blame me for feeling too pooped to pop? I just love laying around, covered in a pile of pussy cats and reading the day away.
And I've got to tell ya, Barbara Kingsolvers book
"Animal Vegetable, Miracle" is a fantastic read!!

Now, this morning? Omg... when I came out into the lounge room /living room, ready to start back to work... every cat toy known to man or kitties was scattered and tossed around - from bell balls to feathered things, right down to every single one of their stuffed toys.
They were ALL out, so the cats must have been feeling pretty darn good last night, to somehow get Bear's favorite "baby blue beanie bear" up on top of the door!

Maybe they're just conning me, eh? I wouldn't be surprised, because quite frankly,
I've been conned by plenty of men (and kids too) in my life... so why not cats as well?

They already con me by twining around my ankles in the morning, following me to the toilet and giving my knees kitty smooches... and then constantly telling me how much they love me...
But once they get my GOOD expensive organic milk in their bowls, they drink it up and then ignore me until they want some more. Or want outside.

So am I conned? Yes.
Do I care? No.
Hey, what can I say?
I live to serve.

Just ask my cats.

15 comments:

Tania said...

Glad to hear your pussy cats are feeling better by the state of your house this morning.

Sorry I won't be much help to your friend with her blog, I can't even put things on my blog cos I don't know how and don't get the time to fiddle with it.

Have a great day Kate,

Tania

Kristie Kay's Blog said...

Kate thanks so much for your help you know you didn't know you have to do that you are the best and so far only one person came over and i will keep you updated because you are so kind and to help a friend out like this is really sweet of you. Once again, Thanks so Much Kate.

Katidids said...

Glad to hear your feeling better! If they got the toy off the door, check that they did not get into the crisco!

Reddirt Woman said...

Glad all is back to normal at your "cat house". I hope when you replace your toilet that you get the tallest one you can. Sure helps getting down and up as you get older. Thanks for all the suggestions about things to do or not to do while nursing these dang ribs.

Helen

Reddirt Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reddirt Woman said...

I did a duplicate post somehow so that is what I removed...

Helen

Narelle said...

Kate so glad you and your babies are feeling so much better.

Children and animals are so much alike aren't they?!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Glad to hear your babies are better! I wish I could help Kristy Kay but frankly, without Bo, I'd still be carving my blog out in stone. She DOESN'T want my help. Blogger is STILL messin' with me.

pam said...

So, your kitties are partying without you, huh?

During the school year, when I come home, all of the cat toys have been dragged over by the front door. I'm not sure if she is leaving them there for me to play with when I get home, or what?

Kathy said...

So glad your kitties are feeling frisky again. My kitties give me kitty kisses when I am in the bathroom too. Why they have to follow me in there is beyond me but they do.

darsden said...

glad the babies are feeling better too and glad you got all that blogging goodies down..now teach me please :-)) I don't know how to do the line through stuff yet LOL

I am playing catch up from being gone a week...lots of reading to do yet, have a great day :-)

Nancy M. said...

You're such a good kitty mommy! I am sure they love you. They have you right where they want you, lol!

Anita said...

So glad everyone is feeling up to purr again :)
Wish I could help Kristie but I am just dumb about computers :(

Anonymous said...

Well Blog Woman, it sounds like the kitties are doing alright!

It must be that expensive organic milk.lol...
Have a great day.
pam

Homestay Mama said...

Everything I learned so far about blogging, I learned from you so if you can't help Kristy, then I for sure know I can't! LOL

I sure wish we lived closer! I have two cats I would love to GIVE you! I've banished them to my garage. I just finally got tired of their scratching furniture instead of the posts I provided; their leaving a mess around their food/water dishes, their muddy paw prints they track in (remember it rains a lot here!) and their black hair everywhere (I have a white sofa and love seat)!
But they're not suffering--I make sure they can go outside and play. I've made sure they have soft comfy beds to sleep in.


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger