Saturday, October 16, 2010

And the "Feelin' Groovy" continues... mostly

I am simply amazed... AMAZED, I tell you, that I feel so damn good after sleeping on nothing more than a water pillow for a couple of nights!
I didn't realize just how bad I actually felt, until I started in feeling so good again!

Even yesterday's antics of moving heavy a** furniture for 5 hours didn't do a thing to me, and to tell you the truth, I was a bit worried that I might have undone all the good that Dr Dreamy did for me, whilst hoisting and setting up an antique solid wood bed for the boy.

I'm full of vim and vigor this morning... and wonder of wonders, I'm even in the mood to go shopping for bedding for the bed!
Now this probably doesn't mean much to you, but I'll tell you a secret.

I HATE shopping.
I hate it with with a passion.

I think I would rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick, than venture into some store with rude sales clerks and ignorant pushy customers.
Yet this morning, I'm chompin'' at the bit, to get out there and spend some money!

I won't be spending too much though...

My sweet little (little? Ha!) cat "Bear Bottom" had some sort of seizure last night. He fell right off the table, and never made any attempt to right himself on the way down, so either he was so out of it that he didn't know what to do, or he was passed out or something.
After the fall, he tried to get up and his back legs went all wonky - which sort of freaked him out a bit, so he just kind of laid there flopping while making hissy/huffy noises.
I was keeping an eye on him, but when he just sat there and peed himself, I figured it was time for an emergency vet visit.

Unfortunately, the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him, but they did take xrays and blood work - and they wanted to keep him in for observastion - but I decided to bring him home and let him sleep with me for the night.

He seems fine this morning, but since is the second seizure I've seen, I want him throughly checked out... and that's gonna involve plenty of $$'s I think.

So, I'm off to Big W in a bit to buy some sheets and pillow cases...
And if he's good, I might even buy Bear a new mouse to perk him up...
A small, cheap one of course.

10 comments:

pam said...

Well, I'm glad you got your sleep, but I'm worried about Bear. I've never had any of my cats have a seizure, that seems like that would be so frightening.

HermitJim said...

The main thing is that you are feeling better, sweetie!

I think the kitty will get better as soon as you are doing good!

Sympathy sickness, maybe? Seriously, I do wish the best for the kitty...you know that!

Becky said...

I read about the miracle pillow. I might have to invest in one eventually. I'm going to mention it to my sister who has HORRIBLE neck trouble. Did you use a dolly to get the pillow to the bed? I read it's very heavy after filled. None of my cats has ever had a seizure that I'm aware of. Hope the vet can figure out what's wrong. Get well soon, Bear!

Anonymous said...

I´m so glad that the pillow helps! They sure knows what they talk´about those chiropractors!

I was wondering about Your cat, sound much like a back problem. My dogs get much the same thing when they get old. Lumbar paralysis. But there are medicine that actually isn´t that expensive?? that helped my dogs when they got that problem.

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Kathy said...

That pillow sounds like something my hubby needs. He wakes with a headache alot. Your poor kitty. I hope he is ok. Enjoy your shopping spree.

farmlady said...

Poor Bearbottom.Let's hope that the vet figures out what's wrong.That scary and that's not normal.

I looked up the Chiroflow pillow and then investigated a cheaper one called the Mediflow Waterbase pillow that is only $40.00. Do you think it would do the same thing.... at half the price? I'm so impressed with how good you feel.

Tatersmama said...

Pam... It's very frightening, but I get the results today, so keep your fingers crossed!
~~~
HermitJim... Thanks! I'm feeling fantastic, but it only makes me feel worse for poor Bear! Maybe he needs a pillow too, eh?
~~~
Becky... It's pricey, I know... but well worth it - for me anyway!
xoxo
~~~
Christer... I was thinking the same thing! It almost seems like some sort of paralysis, so maybe more tests are in order???
~~~
Kathy, It comes with a 3 month money back guarantee, so I think it's worth a try. Those morning headaches are miserable to live through, so my sympathies to your husband...
~~~
farmlady... The funny thing is that after the *spells* he seems to go back to normal again, but I get the results from the vet today.
Let's hope they show something that's easily fixed.

I say go for the cheaper alternative! If it does the trick, it's well worth it!
xoxo

Marjie said...

Aw, poor little Bear! I hope he does better. I can't imagine my pet having seizures. Maybe he'll feel better after he has a kid in the house to torment, er, I mean, play with.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That pillow sure sounds like a great cure. Glad to hear it helped you. Sorry to hear about your kitty and hopefully the mouse will cheer him up too.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Sorry about Bear. It is a very helpless feeling when you cannot stop something like that.
Glad you like the pillow too. I know Stan loves his. He said he had to try one if he was going to suggest them to his patients. I am perfectly happy with my feather pillow for the time being.
Send me your address so I can Pay it Forward sometime in the coming year:)


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger