Saturday, January 26, 2019

It's time for winter to be over...

 
It's time for the winter of my discontent, to be over...



And no... I'm not just talking "actual" winter, although this cold and dreary, record setting rainfall winter we're dealing with in an all too true actual physical sense here in North Georgia, can leave any old time it wants.

Right now,  I'm talking metaphorical winter.

My "Blogging" winter. 

I've had enough of this hunkering down, pulling my head in, and waiting for signs of spring that probably won't happen unless I force it to happen.

It's high time to take the proverbial bull by the horns, 
and to start dealing with getting back to something that has always meant a lot to me. 

I miss writing.

Excuses, excuses... 
yeah, I've got 'em.

I don't have time.
I have all these animals to deal with.
And that's not even  talking about the never-ending physical and emotional dramas of living with a husband with type 2 diabetes.
(A man who simply thinks he can eat anything he danged well pleases - because "it's only a few bites".
 So every day 
- every stinkin' day -  
is nothing more than a 
win-some-lose-some, balancing act.

And I'm not even going to mention face book right now.
Although somehow, and against my better judgement,
  I have allowed it to become my "go to" place on most days.

Mostly because it's quick and easy.

But easy, isn't always best - and I know in my heart, that I need something more than mindless 
and quick and easy interaction.

Somehow, for reasons that don't  really stand up to actual reasoning...
 my life has become focused solely,  regrettably, and only, on animals and a husband and face book. 
And somewhere along the way, I've lost track of "me".
I've stopped doing the things that bring "me" joy.

Spring is in the air, and come heck or high water...
It's time for me to bloom again.
I want to BLOG again!

I need to hold myself accountable for bringing the joy of writing back into my life...

And... if you know me - personally or just on face book - it would be helpful to me,  if those friends who know me, would hold me accountable too.

I'm married... so I'm quite used to the nagging, believe you me!
.
Poke me. 
Prod me.
Whisper in my ear.
  
I don't care what you feel like doing, but  I sure could use some encouragement.

I need to bloom again.



4 comments:

Momlady said...

I confess I was wondering what was going on, hoping that you hadn't fallen ill or had some disaster befall you. I've missed you. Didn't know you are on Facebook else I would befriend you if allowed. Unfortunately I don't know what name you are using for Facebook. Anyway, glad you are back! Will be heading to warmer climes at the end of this week. Need sunshine and warmth. The arthritis is quickly settling into my hands and they hurt. Hopefully the warmth will help. Won't give you any advice re: husband. I'm diabetic also and don't always eat what I'm supposed to. I do manage to keep the A1c down though. I use something called Whey Low instead of sugar. Perhaps he could try it? You can find it online. Please keep writing. I do like your take on things.

Tatersmama said...

Thank you, Momlady! I left my name on your last post. Look me up!

Tania said...

Welcome back Kate!

Sadly I let facebook and instagram take over my life the past few years. You are right it is more convenient, but I find myself scrolling, scrolling aimlessly for way too long. So this year I have decided to blog more as well, because I actually really enjoy it! I will simply cut back on the other two and concentrate on my blog. I am in a couple of groups on facebook that I enjoy participating in, so that is all I log in for at the moment. I haven't spent much time at all on instagram so far this year, only on my phone when I am waiting for an appointment or something similar.

I look forward to hearing from you on here more often :)

xTania

farmlady said...

You know that I could have written this post myself and yes... I will poke and prod you into doing a blogpost at least every week. You must do the same for me... in upper case letters... on Facebook... with my real name. We are motivated. Let us begin.


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger