Friday, January 28, 2011

Just indulge me... I'm feeling homesick

My dear friend Farmlady, over at Over Good Ground had a wonderful blog post a few days back... ( I missed it, until she brought it to my attention this afternoon) and after reading it and reveling in the photos, I've been so homesick that I could almost cry.
To think of Farmlady travelling the same roads that I long to travel again, and for her to see the sights that I ache to see again... well, it makes my heart glad.
Because I know without a doubt, that she understands just how much I miss "home"...
Because she lives there.


New Melones Lake

Natural Bridges - upper cavern



Main Street - Hwy 49, Angels Camp


Fourth Crossing



California Mule Deer



Angels Theater - the only show in town!

Mountain Misery - Ahhh, the fragrance!

Getting ready for the Calaveras Frog Jump - the street is decorated like this every year.

New Melones Lake


California Blue Jay

On Wednesday nights, Mike's has the best "all-you-can-eat pizza!

Melones at sundown

Band rotunda, Murphys Park

Decorations onHwy 49, just before the Calaveras County Frog Jump

Natural Bridges... a few miles out of town, and an absolutely wonderful place to swim!

Murphys... just down the road from where I'm moving to.
This is "Home"....

12 comments:

Marjie said...

It will be good to get home, won't it? Do you have a time table firmed up, or is it all dependent upon selling out of Oz?

farmlady said...

I'm so sorry that I made you cry. I just wanted to tell you (and show you) how wonderful this place is that we live in and how much I want you to be home again.
Your photos were just wonderful. They epitomize the beauty and history of this area.
It won't be long and you will be smelling the "mountain misery" again, sweetie. It's going to happen.

Jan Mader said...

Home is always a good place to be. The photos are so beautiful....

Terry said...

Howdy
Well now that I have dried my own tears maybe I can leave you a comment ! You sure know how to tug at my heart strings sweetie .
Thank you for sharing your heart with us . May God open wide the gates that lead down the lane to home and may you be blessed beyond measure once you arrive .
I will be looking forward to all the many wonderful photos once you get there ! Still keeping you in my prayers .I can sure see why you are homesick so much beauty ,warmth,and joy to embrace.
Thank you for the lovely images :)
Keep us posted .
Big hugs from me to you
Until next time
Happy Trails

Karen Deborah said...

That reminds me of some pictures! I need to go find those. It'll happen soon TM soon.

Gramma 2 Many said...

It will happen, it will. The hard thing is accepting His time over ours.
For some reason, I was thinking you were more in northern California. Not the Angels Camp area. Oh well, wherever it is, it will be good to be home:) Keep on keeping on and on and on and.................

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I've never even been to these places and I feel a kin to them...one of these days I'm comin' down to visit you and the farmlady and we'll go to Mikes and then to the movies!!

Homestay Mama said...

What a beautiful place! For sure Evy and I are coming down to see you when you make it back and get settled in!

Anonymous said...

Strange! I know I left a comment here but it doesn´t show!!
Have You seen it?

Christer.

Anonymous said...

Well, that is a beautiful place and looks like somewhere I would love too :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Andrea said...

Wonderful photos!!! It will be so nice for you to be home. Let us know when the big day is!! :)

diney said...

What fabulous photos of amazing places - yep, home is best!


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger