Tuesday, July 28, 2009

48 things about me...

I found this over at Remote Treechanger , so I thought I would give it a go... and share some of me with y'all...
Your day is complete now... right?

(Why it's only 48 and not 25 or 50 - or even one for every year of your life, I don't know.
I imagine someone was writing this up at work, and the boss came in before she could actually get to 50!


48 things about me...



1. What time did you get up this morning? 5am - well, 4:57 actually.

2. How do you like your steak? Rare, baby. Really rare!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't have a clue.. maybe Calender Girls? It was a long time ago, at any rate. I have no life.

4. What is your favorite tv show? The Farmer Wants a Wife. Or maybe Good New Week ... or maybe even Thank God You're Here. I have trouble sitting still, so I seldom watch anything from start to finish.

5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Murphys, California - or almost anywhere in Calaveras County. No Murphys... definitely Murphys

6. What did you have for breakfast? Nothing yet...

7. What is your favorite food? Steak and lobster

8. What foods do you dislike? Guts. Almost anything that comes from inside an animal at any rate... Except venison liver. THAT, I love!

9. Favorite place to eat? I don't know. Maybe Perkos? They have the best biscuits and gravy... other than my moms of course

10. Favorite dressing? Ranch or just lemon

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Daiwoo Nubira

12. What are your favorite clothes? my favorite pair of jeans and a Chicago Cubs t-shirt

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Yosemite or Lake Tahoe - again and again.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Always 1/2 full

15. Where would you want to retire? Murphys California... to be near my son, daughter-in-luv and my grandsons

16. Favorite time of day? Early Morning, around 5-ish

17. Where were you born? San Francisco, California, USA

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball... or the Superbowl

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? Don't know

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? Don't know

21. Who are you most curious about their responses back to this? Every one of you!

22. Bird watcher? I love watching the parrots and Magpies in my yard - does that count?

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning. Early morning. Definitely

24. Do you have any pets? At my house... 6 cats. At the Old guys, another 2 cats and 2 Jack Russells

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? It's Hump Day, so only 3 more days 'til the weekend!!

26. What did you want to be when you were little? Bigger

27. What is your best childhood memory? My Mom and Dad, and the whole extended family. LOTS of good memories there...

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat

29. Are you married? No, but I have a "long-term, lives in his own house" partner... affectionatly known as the Old Guy.

30. Do you always wear your seatbelt? yes

31. Have you been in a car accident? Yes, but only one major one.

32. Any pet peeves? Habitual tardiness. To me, that says that you think that you're more important than anyone else.

33. Favorite pizza toppings? Spinach and Feta - every time!

34. Favorite flower? Daphne, Peony Rose and Black Eyed Susans.
Oh, and Lupines and Indian Paintbrushes...

35. Favorite ice cream? Rocky Road or Cookie Dough

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Bell

37. How many times did you fail your driver's license test? Never

38. From whom did you get your last email? Debbie

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't roll that way, baby...

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Ermmm... no? Oh, maybe it was when I whacked my hair off. Literally.
When you walk into the hairdressers, and the girl calls out "Deb, I think this one's for you", I think it might be a bad sign, eh?


41. Like your job? Most of the time. The kids I love... the paperwork and regulations... not so much.

42. Do you like broccoli? Oh yes. Especially cooked with chicken stock and pepper flakes and mashed a bit.

43. What was your favorite vacation? To California last year...

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? The Old Guy, Kay and Mira. It was his birthday, I think.

45. What are you listening to right now? The heater warming up and the cat yowling at the boys.

46. What is your favorite color? Indigo or Lapis Lazuli

47. How many tatoos do you have? None yet.

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? I would love for anyone to join in !!!

20 comments:

darsden said...

Awesome.. haven't heard of spinach on pizza before that is totally new. I am guessing you are a California girl by heart :-))

Libby's Library said...

Woohoo - I'm first. I can't believe that there wasn't a question about Crisco or Bacon!

I'll give this a whirl, and post it in the next few days.

Love ya my spud woman!

Libby's Library said...

Shoot - I got beaten out for first, while I was typing my comment;-(

Reddirt Woman said...

I love this... I've already done 100. I don't know about 48 more, although these are questions to answer, I wouldn't have to think of 48 more things. I'll think about it.

But I'm surprised at your venison liver comment... never thought about it as liver of any sorts is not on my plate... no organ meat for me. I'd love to go to Lake Tahoe or Yosemite again, too.

Fun post.

Helen

Jan Mader said...

I am always on time!

Jientje said...

I loved your answers, and I snatched this from you. I might give this a go too, but I'm not sure when yet!

PS: I'm a morning person too, but AM is just a teeny weeny bit TOO early for me.

Jientje said...

FIVE AM, I mean!

Country Whispers said...

This sounds fun so I'm gonna join in!

Faithful said...

No tattoos..YET? me too! I'm still deciding where I want one that I would be willing to show everyone! hey and I love liver, brocolli, ranch dressing, and cats! But My kids are always lying to me about the time something starts cuz they say I'm always late..I don't always agree. But I do live 30 minutes from Tahoe..you'll have to come for a visit!

pam said...

So, you're keeping the whole tatoo think open, huh?

Becky said...

I so want a small tattoo! I experiment with the fake kind right now til I make the big step. No liver for me, used to like it with onions but not anymore, I can't even cook it for the dogs and I love spinach and feta even if on a pizza. Great to know you, Kate!!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Listening to the cats yowling!! LOL. Am listening to the washing machine. Do you think we need to get a life?!

Robynn's Ravings said...

So fun to find out more about you....it does leave me wanting to beg you to move back here with US! Back to California! Murphys isn't that far from me. Well, and a DANG site closer than Australia!

I'll try to do this - I've avoided all of them so far on Facebook and the like but, maybe I'll MAKE myself. That hasn't worked that well in any other area of my LIFE!

P.S. I live one hour from Yosemite. Think of the girl talk and nature walks we could enjoy!

Bz said...

Hey Kate,
(maybe this is fodder for a post?... well, maybe not) ...#5 & #15 made me curious (as my momma says; 'leave it to her, she'll ask'). Honestly though, I'm curious... they say (to an extent) that we choose where we are... what's keeping you from going back to Murphy's?

The Blonde Duck said...

I like the one about the cats yowling.

rubiesrnotpurple said...

Ummmm ... what was the question again???

"I is pleased to knows you."

However the big question is "Can you answer them about me?"

Bz said...

Sure hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Great meme! Always fun to find out more about people.. glad to hear I'm not the only early riser...

Nancy M. said...

At lot of interesting things I've learned about you! I guess I must think I'm pretty important since I'm always late, lol!

Faithful said...

T-mamma. Just checkin in..hope all is well down under!


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger