Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm going to have a Holly, Jolly Christmas...

Have you ever heard that old saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" ?

Well, mama's happy. Yep... this mama is really happy!!

I got a Christmas card from my son the other day, and big sook that I am, I had tears in my eyes as soon as I read it. And I kept reading it. And I kept puddling up. I'm a crier, okay? It's what I do. *sniff sniff*
Geez....I just don't know where that boy of mine gets his knack, but he has always had the ability to chose just the right card, say just the right thing, do whatever it takes to make me smile and it always ends up making his mama happy. (well... except for him not answering my IM's, but I do know how busy he is, so I'm turning a blind eye here and forgivin' him for being a teensy bit less than perfect.)

Anyway, the card he sent, was gorgeous... See?

And then tonight, I figured I had better go check the mailbox before heading to bed.
(look , when you have 7 daycare children running around the house for almost 10 hours a day, turning your back on them to go to the mailbox or even to the toilet for more than 30 seconds, is just something that ya just don't want to do if you don't have to... so things tend to slide a bit at times.)
Anyway, I only had 2 pieces of mail. The first one was a notice from the mortgage company telling me that with the latest interest rate drop, my payments have dropped by another $47 a month. I was almost dancin' in the street, because it couldn't have happened at a better time!

And then I reached in and touched the other envelope in the box... Now, I don't know if it's because I'm a mama or what, but I knew as soon as I touched it that it was from my boy. Common sense would have told me that since I had just received a card from him ( and with a lovely sniffle-inducing hand-written sentiment to boot) there would be no reason for there to be another card. But I knew. I have no common sense at times.

But this card wasn't "just" from my son, like the other one was.... It was from my beautiful daughter-in-law, my boy and my 3 gorgeous little grandsons, with ALL of them signing it... even down to a squiggly little scribble from my littlest guy.

And it was a musical card !

Burl Ives singing "Holly Jolly Christmas"
(I just love Burl Ives, even though it may not be fashionable to admit to it.
Just don't tell anyone that I said so though, okay?)

Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
It's the best time of the year
I don't know if there'll be snow,
but have a cup of cheer.

Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
And when you walk down the street
Say Hello to friends you know
and everyone you meet.

Oh, ho, the mistletoe
hung where you can see;
Somebody waits for you;
Kiss her once for me.

Have a holly jolly Christmas,
and in case you didn't hear,
Oh by golly, have a holly,
jolly Christmas this year.

Oh I will. I really will !

And Josh? If you're reading this...... I love you more than you know!!
You really made your mama's day !







7 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw - what a sweet post!

Slug-A-Bed said...

Looks like you raised a dear thoughtful son! Thanks for stopping by my site. If you would like, you may Email a picture of a room you want re-done and I would be happy to suggest changes (with Photoshop changes posted on my site). I enjoy doing that sort of thing. Merry Christmas!

Angelena said...

Well it certainly sounds like you are going to have a holly jolly Christmas! I am a big sap at crying over Cards too.

P.S. I also love Burl Ives- It just wouldn't be Christmas without listening to him.

Andrea said...

Burl Ives IS Christmas!! :) What a lovely, sweet post. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. :)

pam said...

Lucky you!

Sherri said...

you got two cards?! I didn't get any. :\ That's alright though, I didn't send them one either :/ I plan on calling them for Christmas, as I do every year, it's so much easier and there are not lines to wait in...hahahaha Well I'm going to bed now, we were in San Diego all day, it was rainy, foggy and cold there and I'm beat, have a great day!

Tatersmama said...

I did get lucky didn't I? ;-P
I don't know that it was so much the way I raised my kids, as it is I was just blessed by God... because I feel more blessed than anything.
But nagging helps. *snort*

Burl Ives singing Holly Jolly Christmas :

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LGyGNxHtvRk


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger