Friday, June 5, 2009

Apologies all around...





I've been battling my computer for a couple of weeks now, ( no, it isn't a " solvable by my lovely computer geek" kind of problem - it's more the system here locally, I think.) and I am WAY behind on comments, visiting, emails and whatnot.

Some blogs load easily... but others? Well, lets just say that I can hang a load of laundry or make a meal while waiting for them to load. I've been making a lot of meals lately.

And if one does load quickly, I have to have 2 or 3 try's at commenting... because your comment forms seem to hate me for some reason. They just sit there and stare at me.
Blankly.
Even when I try to comment on your comments, half the time, it won't go though for me

So, if I've visited you and left a comment... lucky you! You're one of the lucky ones!
But if you haven't seen hide nor hair of me at all, see the above explanation as to why.

And if you've recently emailed me ( well, within the last few weeks anyway) I WILL respond, just as soon as this dang computer lets me.
I can read your emails, but I can't compose messages.
But just don't tell my sister that I can read her emails.
She'll go back to hounding me for money.

I did un-install Yahoo Messenger yesterday, and then turn right around and re-install it, and it seems to be working okay-ish. It looks a bit funny, but maybe that's just the new version... or something.
Who knows.

This computer stuff is beyond me.

You would think that with all this free time I have, I would get around to dusting or cleaning or even weeding the over-grown garden... but do I?
Are you joking?

I have my priorities straight.

And friends are my priority.

16 comments:

Tania said...

Good Morning Tatersmama,

I think it is not just your computer playing up. Seems to be Internet Explorer on mine. I am having the same trouble getting on blogs and leaving comments, has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Hope it is fixed soon as it is very frustrating.


xTania

Becky said...

Something is going on here too. When I try to open a blog I get an error message box from Internet Explorer saying it can't open the file then the blog disappears and then an error screen is in it's place. This has been going for a little over a week. It is a conspiracy to keep us apart!!!

Anonymous said...

Internet problems suck! I get the same problem with certain blogs too. I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight. Trust me the housework will wait for you!

Nancy M. said...

Aww, I know my blog is one of the problem ones, and I'm so sorry! From the comments it seems like people are having problems with internet explorer. I was too a while back and I switched to Firefox. It seems to work better for me.

I really hope they can fix your problem for you soon!

The Blonde Duck said...

Blogger has been acting up a lot with IE and firefox. I hope it works for you soon!

Terry said...

Howdy
Same stuff here.
My computer person says it is a blogger / microsoft not talking to each other problem.
I don't care anymore.
I just want to point and click and talk to my blogging friends.
So hugs to you sweet lady .
I love the cartoon you posted.
Where did you find it ???
I want one too ,Please :)
Hugs with blessings to you .

Fruitcake Sandy said...

I'm so sorry that you are having problems, I know nothin' about computers and am reluctant to ask my favorite Computer Guru ... daughter Bz says it's "Blogger" so many people trying to post at the same time ... I had problems last week, but seem to be okay at the moment. Now I've done it ... will seize up on me now for sure!!! Hope you have your problems resolved soon.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Well you KNOW what a lackluster loser I'VE been in the commenting dept. lately. You're WAY better than me. You are the queen and I'll love you whether you comment or not but I hope you get your problems rectified soon. And now that I mention it, doesn't "rectified" actually SOUND like a problem in and of itself?

Katidids said...

agree with outback & Becky...its been this way for a few weeks now....its a plot! Very frustrating for everyone! Oh, come on! We know you have a new can of ((C)) and are all upity now! LOL

Frances said...

I also have Mozilla Firefox as I always have trouble with Internet Explorer.

A quick fix if you're having trouble with computer performance, try going to System Tools you will find disk cleanup and disk defragmenter. Its best to run these when you don't need to use the computer as they will need some time to process.

*START - Go to-
*ALL PROGRAMS - Go to -
*ACCESSORIES - Go to -
*SYSTEM TOOLS Go To -
-DISK CLEANUP
-DISK DEFRAGMENTER

Have fun...

rubiesrnotpurple said...

Apology accepted Tatersmama ... I'm in the same boat - and I ain't got no paddle either.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Yeah!! I have gotten comments. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.
I am having problems too. I get messages that it cannot connect and has to close. Then I can hit refresh and it opens right up. Same as Becky.
Cyber space is against us!

Anonymous said...

I am giggling and feel so sorry for you too. I have been there with the slow loading. Thank goodness I don't have that problem any more. Thanks for visiting Babasfarmlife and commenting! It meant the world to me.

Marjie said...

All those IE problems are why I use Firefox. Good luck, Katie, in solving them; you probably shouldn't use your illustrated solution. That would feel really good, but be pretty pricy!

Treehouse Chef said...

I have had some of the same issues with trying to leave comments. I have norton antivirus and I run scan checks frequently. I think that helps. AVG is a free anti virus software that you can download from the internet. That may help.

Homestay Mama said...

I've been lucky so far! (Better go knock on wood!) but I can sympathize with you. When computers decide to act up, life can get pretty crazy! Too bad we've become so dependent on the darn things!


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger