Monday, February 2, 2009

Remember Scott Baio? What a Cheese Puff !


Do y'all remember Scott Baio? He used to play Chachi Arcola on "Happy Days", Chachi again in "Joannie Love Chachi" ... and then he did "Charles In Charge". But he did nothing for me emotionally...
That is, until I found out he could cook a mean ricotta cheese puff. The guy grabbed my heart the minute I found this recipe in The TV Guide.

These are so quick and easy... and my kids used to love them. I tried my darndest to find a photo, but there was nada out there. And it's too hot to cook right now and then take a pic for y'all, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
( And Sherri? If you ever want to bribe Josh, these will do the trick every time. He would even muck out the horse pasture for these.)

Scott Baio's Ricotta Cheese Puffs
1 c. all purpose white flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. white granulated sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 lb. tub low fat Ricotta cheese
2 1/2 c. vegetable oil
Powdered sugar to sprinkle

Using a cooking thermometer, (which I never do btw, because I'm lazy that way) heat vegetable oil in a deep saucepan to 375 degrees.
Mix all other ingredients together except for powdered sugar.
Carefully add a tablespoon of mixture at a time to hot oil.
Within a minute, (and I mean a minute or less, so keep an eye on them) balls will form puffs and turn a golden brown.
Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve warm.
Makes 2 dozen Ricotta Puffs
One word of warning:
These splatter when you cook them. So wear an apron and keep the kids back . And if the kids are out of the way, you can sneak a couple, without them knowing.

You'll thank me... really you will. But I'm afraid your hips will hate me.

11 comments:

Staci said...

oooo sounds delish....and i had such a big crush on him when he was on charles in charge....then i saw him on that reality show he did of his life....saw him sitting on a toilet and cuttin the cheese all the time...lost intrest immediately....lol soo hes also a cheese cutter....;) im lame

Tatersmama said...

OhMyGoodness Staci!
I will never be able to eat another cheese puff without thinking of "puffs of Chachi cheese" !!! *URP*
LMAO!

Treehouse Chef said...

This recipe sounds very interesting and yummy! I will give it a try. Yeah, I was never into chachi either--now the Fonz that was a different story!

Sherri said...

I wish you had posted this before Super Bowl. Any way I guess I'll have to make these take a picture of them send them to Josh and Bec and tell him there will be plenty more if they come for Spring Break :)

Nancy M. said...

I used to love him! Maybe I'll give this recipe a try, you make it sound wonderful!

Dana said...

I knew that empty-headed pretty boy must have some sort of talent. Thanks for uncovering it for us!

Andrea said...

I actually watched a couple of episodes of Scott Baio is 45 and Single...he is a disaster now!!! lol!! This cheese puff recipe will likely be his greatest legacy! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

My hips will definately not be pleased!

Libby's Library said...

Seriously? These came from Scott Baio?

I'm staying (most of the time) with my friend, Susan. Her husband is a great cook. Sunday night we had chocolate brownie egg rolls, with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and whipped cream. It was DIVINE!!!

Marjie said...

I'm afraid of frying (not flying) because my skin is very delicate and burns easily. That's why I have the Pampered Chef cooking gloves that come to my elbows! I'm clumsy, but safe!

And, believe it or not, I don't even know who chachi was, because I never watched TV as a kid (and that hasn't changed much).

Tatersmama said...

Treehouse Chef... Ayyyyyyy.. the Fonz was the man for me too. :-) He also looked suspiciously like half the boys I used to bring home.

Sherri... The thing is, he may decide to never leave! And if you guys get together, I SERIOUSLY expect some pics from y'all together. All I get is fish pics. LOL!

Nancy... Try 'em.. You'll LIKE 'em!

Frugal Maven... It kind of takes your breath away, eh? He has "some" kind of talent, but it isn't acting!


Andrea... So he's turned into a bigger "has-been" than I thought he was? Amazing! I'll have to check youtube and see if I can't find this !! I need a good laugh!

Blond Duck...Maybe not your hips..But your lips will !
;-)

Libby... I think they are his grandmothers recipe. if I remember right, TV Guide had actors share their favorite family recipes, and he was still living with his grandmother back in those days.

Marjie... I want some Pampered Chef gloves! The thing is, I seldom burn myself... But I always spatter ( and ruin) my clothes. I need an apron, I think !


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger