Thursday, November 6, 2008

Do I even have a "take" ?




Sit down a spell and have a cup of coffee with me. You don't mind it black, do you?


Okay, I'm here. I've wanted to start my own blog for eons, which makes me sound really old, doesn't it? Maybe I should amend that to a "sort of a long time". I envied the women who wrote the blogs that I've become addicted to, (check my list) and I always wondered how you come about gaining the knowledge and savvy that it takes to get the ball rolling. Not to mention the know-how. Well, I've got the know how now ( thanks to Tania) so Ta Daaaaaaa! Here I am. I don't know if anyone will even glance at the thing, but you know what? I don't care. No, I really don't. Honestly. Cross my heart and hope to eat boogers. This is for MY benefit, rather than anyone else's enjoyment.

There... have I convinced you?

I've got one of those minds that just won't shut off, which is why me and meditation have never become better friends. I just can't DO it. I think something and it leads to another thought and before I know it, I'm miles away from what I started thinking in the first place. You do it too, don't you? I secretly suspect that most of us do and that most of us just hate admitting to it. It makes us look scatterbrained. I make myself a cup of coffee, go to get milk from the fridge and it reminds me that I meant to photocopy those cow coloring pages for my friend who's another daycare provider. So I drag out the printer and oh dang... I'll just scan those vacation photos while I'm at it and send them to my son... So I do that, unplug the printer, put it back and then wander back into the kitchen, only to find a cup of cold black coffee sitting on the countertop. (here in Oz, we say "benchtop" but even after all these years, I "think" in American".)

Why did I come in here in the first place? Sit down a spell and have a cup of coffee with me. You don't mind it black, do you?

1 comment:

morning sunshine said...

That's me...17 things going at the same time! Some call it scatterbrained, I call it ineffective multi-tasking! lol But i'm sure you're much better at it! Oh I can tell i'm gonna love having cuppas here. :)


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger