Thursday, November 20, 2008

One thing leads to another....


See this cowboy? Nice, huh?

See, the thing was, I was reading a blog that I came across, and halfway down the page, I came across this guy. Ooohh La La. If I were younger. At my age, I really prefer a guy with a little wear on the tires. Someone who's lived a good life and has the wrinkles or gray hair to prove it.
But still... he's cute if you like that type of thing.


But that picture got me thinking of cowboys and cowboy photos. A lot of things strike me that way and I just luuurve to come across a topic and then google photos of whatever it is that crosses my mind. Thinking of food leads me to "food photos" or houses to "house photos". In this case, Mr. Hunky led me straight to cowboy photos.

And you know what? As cute as he may be, there are so many more interesting and thought-provoking photos that you can come across, if you just do a little looking. So I looked.

This one just strikes me somehow.
It makes me wish I was there, brewing up some cowboy coffee for my man and gnawing on a piece of jerky or hardtack. Not that I know what hardtack is, but I still want to gnaw on some.



I showed this one to my guy, and he had a totally different impression than I did.
I see sweat and heat and determination... hard work and dreams.
Whereas my guy saw something different. I can't remember what it was though.
Mainly because I wasn't listening.


I know this one is a picture of a couple of cowboys going to a revival meeting, but for some reason, it reminds me of my Grandpa . Grandpa used to ride his horse to revivals and meetings and just take his time getting there. He would have wanted to take his time I guess, since as a Quaker "minister" he always wore a suit or his best clothes to meeting - or at least that's what I was told. I saw him dressed for Sunday Meeting's plenty of times, but I never actually saw him on a horse. I guess after all those years of listening to family stories and memories, I've just got this "vision" in my head.... and this one matches it exactly.
So my whole point is that one thing can lead to another. You can start out with one thought or one idea in mind... and if you just let yourself go with the flow and keep your mind open to possibilities, there's no telling where you'll end up.
As nice as that photo is of the young cowboy, it's not always what you think it is.
My opinion? He's just a pretend cowboy... and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that after that photo was taken, he put his Metallica t shirt back on and drove off in his Mustang.
Learn to think outside the square... and give me the "real deal" any time.



4 comments:

Sooziebelle said...

Hmmm. Well the top pic of that "cowboy" does nothing for me I am afraid, and I don't think he would have done anything for me if I was younger, either! I am just not into the whole pecs and abs thing, and I am guessing he's spent more time in the weight room than on the range, or anywhere NEAR a horse. I'll bet even his razor stubble is sprayed on! As in, can you say "Hollywood?"

I do like the other pictures!

Being from the northeast US, and having been born after the time when country and western movies had passed their heyday, I am not really all that taken up in the whole cowboy thing, (though I would not want to brag about having Paul Bunyan as a hero!) but I do love the spirit of the Southwest in general, including Native American art, music, and even painters such as Georgia O'Keeffe.

Anonymous said...

Cowboys! Love 'em all!

This was a great post! And so true. It's funny how a picture of one thing can really get you going, and you never know where it will take you. So often, we never take the time to find out. I'm glad you did this time!

Linda said...

I saw that photo (tent) a few weeks ago. It made me think too.

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I saw a stud of a cowboy, a real one when we were on the drive here. Um, that's all I'm going to say, LOL.

As for a little wear & wrinkles, it's funny I read that here. I was just telling one of my best friends last night (we were having a convo about getting older) that I worked my rear off for these wrinkles & I am NOT giving them back!!! LOL


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger