Thursday, November 6, 2008

My other half.


Do you want to meet my other half? Isn't he cute too? BTW...He's the one in the green t shirt and not the one with four legs. That one's a she.. and her name is Rosie.
My other half and I...well, we're not married and hey, we don't even live together, but he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Ever. He makes this crazy existence called "life in Australia" all worthwhile. If not for him, I would be sitting in Murphys right now, watching the snow fall - oh no... I take that back. I just checked wunderground.com and it's not snowing there yet, but I swear, even without the snow, I would be kicking my way through gorgeous piles of multi-hued autumn leaves and inhaling the delicious fragrance of wood fires and piles of leaves being burned in peoples yards. I miss home. I miss my son and his wonderful little family. I miss visiting my children's graves at this time of year and just everything about the place.

But I digress..

My guy. This is supposed to be about my guy, isn't it ? Not about me at all.


The 2 of us took a short little trip to the US last March and it was wonderful seeing it all through his eyes. Oh, I have to admit that it was hard getting him on that airplane and neither one of us enjoyed the endless days of sitting on our arses with our knees under our chins, but he held up remarkably well. Better than I did in fact. I wanted to moan every five minutes, "are we there yet? Are we there YET ???", but I didn't. Well, yes I did. But only after the first 10 hours. I have the patience of a saint you know.

So does my partner. If he didn't, there is a very real chance that he wouldn't have put up with me for almost 10 years now. He "knows" me better than I know myself sometimes and I thank God that he came into my life right when I needed him most.

Hey, maybe he's not "God's gift" as far as other women are concerned and maybe he's missing a tooth or 2 and maybe he's a little rough around the edges and he isn't as suave and sophisticated as some... but you know what? He suits me right down to the ground. He suits me to a "T". He's the Romeo to my Juliet. The Tristan to my Isolde (well maybe without the tragic love triangle aspect of T & I... that's not the comparison I'm actually going for) He's the milk for my cookies. The chocolate topping on my ice cream and the salt on my tomatoes. Life would be pretty dang bland without him.

He's a GOOD man.. and he's as loving and decent as they come.

Yeah, there are times that he drives me nuts. Times when I would trade him for a fat black pony if I only knew of any near-by Gypsy's. But he's mine. All Mine.
Look at that twinkle in his eye. Doesn't it just make you want to squeeze him? No? Good, because I would have hated to have to hurt you.

Thank you Jesus. You done good when you sent this one.

1 comment:

morning sunshine said...

my heart was so full reading this! Yes, God Bless that man!


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger