Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's it all about, Gracie?

I'm tired. Really, really tired. You wouldn't think I would be, after having the last 3 weeks (almost) off work, but I'm so tired that I could just lay down with a book and a box of pretzels (okay, maybe not pretzels, but I'm trying to gently mislead you into thinking that I make semi- healthy food choices) and just... oh fiddle. I forgot what I was gonna say. I do that sometimes. I'm the queen - or at least the lady-in-waiting, to ditzyness. I start one thing and then forget what I'm doing. Some people may find this annoying, but I think it adds to my unique-ness. I never thought I would end up this way. When I was a girl, we didn't have a lot of choices as far as role models go..and we were expected to train in all the housewifely things, mainly because there weren't a lot of exciting choices career wise for the average girl in the late 60's early 70's. Baking and cooking, sewing and sheet folding ( I have to say that I got an A+ in Home Economics, based solely on my fitted sheet folding capabilities) So, I can't really remember who I looked up to and who I wanted to emulate when I "grew up". Well, not having any firm ( or even dimly remembered) role models I seem to have left the field clear for being taken over by Gracie Allen's ''spirit". You remember Gracie, don't you ? The wife and straight man, or rather woman, to George Burns... of Burns and Allen fame. She was beautiful, she was funny, she was as dumb as a box of rocks. (well, not really. Supposedly, she was as sharp as a tack) Did I absorb her beauty or sense of comic timing? Noooo.. I ended up with the ditzyness and lovableness ...and I guess I can't complain too much in view of all my other wonderful traits. As I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments:


Feedjit

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Thanks for visiting!


Thank you Libby!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Powered By Blogger